Violin and Viola Lesson Locations
- Individual lessons take place at my home studio in the Eastmorland neighborhood on the east side of Madison.
- Group lessons take place every other week either at my home studio, or in the choir room at Lakeview Moravian Community Church, in Madison's Eastmorland neighborhood.
Violin and Viola Lesson Durations
- Beginner = 30 minutes
- Intermediate = 45 minutes
- Advanced = 60 minutes
- 60 minutes
- Please be on time for your lesson, but arrive no earlier than than 5 minutes before your scheduled time.
- The lesson will finish at the scheduled time, regardless of whether you arrive late.
- Parking is on the street only. Do not park in or block the driveway.
- Hands must be washed and fingernails kept trimmed.
- No food, drinks, or gum are allowed in the studio or the waiting area.
- Outdoor shoes stay in the waiting area—there is a shoe rack for your convenience. You may bring slippers or wear socks (no bare feet!).
- Children are to be supervised at all times—never leave a child unattended, as the space is not child-proof.
- Young siblings are welcome in the studio as long as they are quiet or occupied with activities that do not distract from the lesson.
- Cell phones may be used only in the waiting area, but must be on silent mode.
- Cell phones are not allowed during lessons. The only exception is if parents wish to record a short video or take a picture during the lesson. This can be useful in helping your child at home. Just make sure you have enough memory for a recording!
- Students must come prepared for each lesson.
- Students are expected to practice every day at home. Suggested practice amounts:
3–5 years old: 15–30 minutes/day
6–8 years old: 25–40 minutes/day
9–11 years old: 35–60 minutes/day
12–15 years old: 60–90 minutes/day
16–18 years old: 1–2 hours/day
- Students are expected to listen to the Suzuki recordings every day.
- The parent needs to take notes during lessons and help the child practice at home.
- The parent of a child age 12 or under must attend all of the child's individual lessons and group classes.
- I will provide lessons tailored to the needs of the student, as well as group classes.
- I will provide the student with performance opportunities.
- If I must cancel a lesson (due to illness, professional performance engagements, personal emergency, etc.), I will reschedule the lesson to best accommodate everyone's schedule (teacher, parent & student). If rescheduling isn't possible, the student will receive a credit toward the next month's payment.
- Note: For the purposes of effective instruction, on occasion I may need to briefly touch the student's head, shoulders, arms, and/or hands.
- If a student cancels or does not attend a scheduled lesson, there are no refunds, credits, or make-up sessions.
- However, tell me as soon as possible if you know that you will miss an upcoming lesson! If I know in advance, there is a good chance that I can offer a make-up session.
- Parents, do not bring ill or contagious children to the studio! In such cases, I will offer a Skype lesson during the normal lesson time.
- In case of inclement weather, I will offer a Skype lesson during the normal lesson time.
- If you need to speak with me about anything, please do so either at the beginning of the lesson, or call me during office hours (10–11 a.m. every Tuesday and Friday).
- Tuition covers one 12-week semester, which includes:
- A separate $30 fee for the end of the semester recital is due 3 weeks prior to the recital date.
- Tuition is paid in 4 equal installments by the 1st of each month. If an installment is not paid until after the 5th of the month, a $5 late fee applies. The late fee increases by $5 for each additional week payment is late.
- Tuition is prorated if a student signs up after the semester begins.
- Payments may be made in cash or by check (payable to Ina Georgieva).
- A $35 insufficient funds fee applies for returned checks.