Violin and Viola Lesson Locations
- Lessons take place at my home studio (Sherman neighborhood) or at the Lakeview Moravian Community Church choir room (Eastmorland neighborhood) on the east side of Madison.
- Please be on time for your lesson, but arrive no earlier than than 5 minutes before your scheduled time.
- The lesson will finish at the scheduled time, regardless of whether you arrive late.
- Parking is on the street only. Do not park in or block the driveway.
- Hands must be washed and fingernails kept trimmed.
- No food, drinks, or gum are allowed in the studio or the waiting area.
- Outdoor shoes stay in the waiting area — there is a shoe rack for your convenience. You may bring slippers or wear socks (no bare feet!).
- Children are to be supervised at all times — never leave a child unattended, as the space is not childproofed.
- Young siblings are welcome in the studio as long as they are quiet or occupied with activities that do not distract from the lesson.
- Cell phones may be used only in the waiting area, but must be on silent mode.
- Cell phones are not allowed during lessons. The only exception is if parents wish to record a short video or take a picture during the lesson. This can be useful in helping your child at home. Just make sure you have enough memory for a recording!
- Students must come prepared for each lesson.
- Students should practice every day at home.
- I will provide lessons tailored to the needs of the student.
- I will provide the student with performance opportunities. Additional charges may apply.
- If I must cancel a lesson (due to illness, professional performance engagements, personal emergency, etc.), I will reschedule the lesson to best accommodate everyone's schedule (teacher, parent & student). If rescheduling isn't possible, the student will receive a credit toward the next lesson.
- Note: For the purposes of effective instruction, on occasion I may need to briefly touch the student's head, shoulders, arms, and/or hands.
- If a student cancels or does not attend a scheduled lesson, there are no refunds, credits, or make-up sessions.
- A minimum 1-week advance notice is required in case of a schedule conflict. As long as I know in advance, I will accommodate a make-up session whenever possible.
- Any notification of scheduling conflict must be made by phone or email. No text messages please!
- Last-minute cancelations or rescheduling requests based on extenuating circumstances (e.g., illness, family emergency) are handled on a case-by-case basis.
- Parents, do not bring ill or contagious children to the studio! In such cases, I will offer a Skype lesson during the normal lesson time.
- In case of inclement weather, I will offer a Skype lesson during the normal lesson time.
- Payment is due by the first lesson of each set of four lessons (see FAQ for more information).
- Renewal for another set of four lessons should occur by the end of the last current lesson.
- Payments may be made in cash or by check (payable to Ina Georgieva).
- A $35 insufficient funds fee applies for returned checks.
- If you need to speak with me about anything, please do so either at the beginning of the lesson, or email me to schedule a time to discuss by phone.